for full specifications or with questions
Red Dragon – 10 mJ Ti:sapphire Laser Amplifier
The Red Dragon™ amplifier is the highest average power, shortest pulse, tabletop ultrafast Ti:sapphire laser system on the market, allowing real time software-controlled changes in the repetition rate, without optical realignment. Dragon series amplifier systems operate over a range of repetition rate ranges between 1 and 20 kHz. Make sure you answer these questions before buying any ultrafast amplifier, and future-proof your system!
Harmonic conversion, OPA and EUV options are available for Red Dragon series amplifiers.
- High harmonic generation (HHG)
- Attosecond studies
- Pumping OPAs and HG units
- Materials research
- High-field science
- Ultrafast Imaging
- Pump probe experiments
Shortest Amplified Pulses Available:
Red Dragon: <25 fs or <30 fs
The standard KMLabs Dragon uses multi-pass amplification to generate pulses that are below 25 fs in duration with up to 10 mJ pulse energy, up to 10 W in average power. We also offer a simple inexpensive option to generate controllable pulse duration between sub-25 fs and sub-30 fs pulses.
Red Dragon 1 kHz through 3 kHz
- 10 mJ at 1 kHz repetition rate
- 3 mJ at 3 kHz repetition rate
- Real time adjustment from 1-3 kHz with no optical realignment
- Sub-25 fs up to 50 fs pulse duration: user-adjustable
Benefits of Cryogenic Cooling:
KMLabs uses compact He-gas cryocooling systems or liquid He cryo-refrigerator systems. These are compact, fully-interlocked, and maintenance-free and can be configured to minimize vibration for demanding applications such as carrier envelope stabilization. Read more about the benefits of cryocooling.
- Patented cryogenic cooling of the Ti:sapphire crystal in a single-stage amplifier
is available exclusively through KMLabs.
- Vacuum cryocell that protects the crystal using a sealed, internal ion pump
that requires negligible user maintenance.
- Comprehensive, fully integrated system diagnostics make Red Dragon a user-
friendly amplification system, providing reference data for real time assistance
with spatial, spectral and energy optimization. Multiple cameras make
alignment quick and simple. Extensive data logs allow remote observation of
system configuration for diagnostic assistance.
- Beam quality can be optimized in real time, ensuring highest efficiency OPA
performance. Greater then 40% conversion to signal + idler has been
- Red Dragon is shipped with the customer’s preferred pulse duration: sub-25 fs, or
- Comprehensive industry-leading software control using KMLabs DragonMaster
Red Dragon Options:
- Motorization control of the stretcher and compressor.
- Enhanced nanosecond contrast.
- Ultra-low pulse-to-pulse jitter
- Second and third harmonic generation
- Broadband visible, IR and Mid-IR tuning using OPA/DFG
- Repetition rate stabilization
Featured Red Dragon Systems:
The Artemis Red Dragon system at the Science and Technology Facilities Council Central Laser Facility, Rutherford, UK:
This system provides 12 mJ at 1 kHz. Artemis has been in operation since 2007, with an upgrade in 2013.
The Waseda University Red Dragon system was used to drive a novel measurement of attosecond electron wave packets.
This system has been in operation since 2006, with an upgrade in 2013.