About Us: KM Labs is a vibrant and fast growing company, that has developed a unique range of high technology Laser products. KMLabs is the technology leader for high power, highest performance femtosecond laser systems, and the market definer for coherent EUV and x-ray sources.
Job Title: Regional Sales Representative (Account Manager)
Location: East Coast/West Coast
KM Labs is a vibrant and fast growing company, that has developed a unique range of high technology Laser products. We are looking for a high energy, ambitious Regional Sales Representative, with experience of high technology capital sales, to join our team
What will you do?
You will work with customers to gain an understanding of their complex requirements, and provide sales solutions that prove KM Labs unique values.
You'll have responsibility to drive revenue growth within your territory, and overall customer satisfaction across a variety of diverse market sectors in both Academia and Industry
- Work with Marketing to find and develop leads, deliver unique sales propositions and close them with maximum margin
- Understand the customers buying process to effectively report your sales funnel
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations with purchasing and end user within assigned territory
- Develop and execute sales strategies and plans to expand the business within your assigned territory; maintain a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives
- Perform sales calls with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory; must be able to travel for extended periods of time within territory
- Organize seminars and workshops within your territory to promote the concept of our products and solutions to a wider audience
- Research competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data in the business plan
- Work with the overall team within KM Labs to ensure a positive customer experience
- Utilize tools e.g. CRM to effectively manage your accounts
- 2+ years of sales experience, selling high capital technology products in to the Academic or Industrial sectors
- The successful candidate will have sales experience in at least one of the following:
- Academia, Materials Science, Life Sciences, Engineering
- Industry, Manufacturing, R&D
- Understanding of Laser technology is an advantage
- Master’s degree or higher preferred with a technical focus in science or significant equivalent work experience
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Understanding of the high technology sales process, with for example, Miller Heiman training
- You have a strong desire to serve the customer and will act as a consultant to fulfill customer needs
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Must be able and willing to travel to customer locations in the USA or internationally
Ideal Candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Passionate about growing market share and revenues
- Drive and stamina, with a roll-up-the sleeves mentality to make things happen
- Exceptional closer
- Demonstrates unquestioned personal and professional integrity
- Demonstrates tenacity and confidence
We are proud to offer our full-time employees a benefits package that speaks for itself and sets us apart from our competition. 99% employer paid benefits options include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Simple IRA Matched Retirement Plan
- Competitive Base Pay with Incentivized Commission Plan
Please submit application, including a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Mary Elizabeth Smith.
Field Service Engineer
This position is for a Laser Service Engineer for our ultrafast lasers and amplifiers. The Laser Service Engineer will spend the majority of their time travelling to customers’ sites throughout the world to install and service all KMLabs products.
What You Will Do:
- Install and repair all KMLabs products
- Develop service documentation, work instructions, and assembly process documentation for new products
- Phone and e-mail support of customers with a range of ultrafast laser systems
- Train and support international distributors
- Generate service and components quotes
- Combine good troubleshooting practices with creative problem-solving
- Utilize tools e.g. CRM to effectively track support issues and improve response times
Who You Are: You are experienced in building and troubleshooting fs-class laser systems. You enjoy travel and working with customers. You want to get in at the ground floor with a company that is developing a broad portfolio of industrial and scientific products. You have a true passion for helping a company grow and being a key contributor to that growth.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years hands-on experience building, developing, and maintaining high power free-space laser systems. Field installation/service and femtosecond laser experience strongly preferred
- Experience with assembly, alignment, trouble-shooting, and/or design of lasers and complicated optical setups
- Experience with optical design software and optical diagnostic equipment
- Strong communication and technical writing skills, and time management skills
- Knowledge of bulk gain medium laser technology, laser and optical design and modeling, optical components and materials from UV to IR, and optical metrology and measurement equipment
- Familiarity with diffraction gratings, polarization optics, reflective optics, beam telescoping, and general laser principles
- Excellent understanding of the interplay of structural, optical, and thermal design features on system performance
- Task-oriented, milestone-oriented, schedule-oriented
- Ability to travel minimum 50% of time to install and service fielded laser systems, including international travel
Nice-To-Have Skills and Experience:
- Ultra-high vacuum systems
- Ultrafast fiber lasers
- High-harmonic generation or other nonlinear optics
- Specific experience maintaining and troubleshooting KMLabs lasers or similar systems
- Project and team leadership
- Degree in optics, physics, or related engineering discipline, MS preferred; or equivalent experience
If interested, please send resume and materials to email@example.com
Senior Mechanical Engineer
This position is for a Senior Mechanical Engineer. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will provide opto-mechanical design expertise and guidance to the KMLabs team. In this product development role, you will be contributing to both existing commercial products and new research and development products
- Help lead the engineering team in developing innovative and pragmatic laser system products.
- Design and develop solutions that meet opto-mechanical subsystem requirements
- Well versed in custom mechanism design to meet timing and load requirements for positioning and aligning optics (focus, rotation, translation, tip and tilt)
- Expertise in opto-mechanical design using Solidworks for developing cutting edge laser products
- Conceptual design, layout, and tooling and fixture implementation used in the assembly of optics
- Set standards in preparing engineering drawings, and work instructions to be used with vendors and opto-mechanical assembly technicians
- Experience in drafting and geometrical tolerance and dimensioning of drawings
- Experience performing structural and thermal FEA of opto-mechanical systems
- Strong ability in researching design options, documenting findings, and performing trade-off studies
- Anticipates design risks ahead of time and proposes contingencies in order to achieve project deliverables on budget and on schedule
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects at once in a fast paced design for manufacturing environment
- Work on a multi-disciplined team interacting with laser scientists, optical, mechanical and electrical engineers, and onsite manufacturing team
- Ability to comprehend and contribute to process flows in a product development cycle
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Laser system and High Vacuum system experience highly desirable
Education and Experience:
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering with 10+ years experience
Ultrafast Fiber Laser Engineer
What You Will Do: As the Ultrafast Fiber Laser Engineer you will spend the majority of your time building and orchestrating the production of ultrafast laser systems, with up to 20% of time supporting installation and field service of our laser systems. You will be an integral member of a highly accomplished team bringing the most advanced ultrafast laser technologies to the market.
Who You Are: You are experienced in building and orchestrating the production of fs-class fiber laser systems. You not only enjoy manufacturing but also working with customers. You want to get in at the ground floor with a company that is developing a broad portfolio of industrial and scientific products. You have a true passion for helping a company grow and being a key contributor to that growth.
- Experience through education and/or professional experience building fs-class fiber laser systems in a production environment.
- Experience with engineering documentation, bill of materials, work instructions, and assembly process documentation for new products.
- Experience with design for manufacturing and design for cost.
- Experience in applications engineering.
- Customer relationship management and field installation/service experience.
- Experience with ultrafast laser diagnostic equipment.
- Experience with assembly, alignment, and troubleshooting of lasers and complicated optical setups.
- Knowledge of fiber laser technology, laser and optical design and modeling, optical components and materials from UV to IR, and optical metrology and measurement equipment.
- Familiarity with diffraction gratings, polarization optics, reflective optics, beam telescoping, and general laser principles.
- Excellent understanding of the interplay of structural, optical, and thermal design features on system performance.
- Ability to travel 20% of time to install and service fielded laser systems.
- Outstanding communication, technical writing, and time management skills.
- Project and team leadership.
- Ultrafast laser micromachining.
- Product manufacture and design in an ISO-compliant quality management system.
- Degree in optics, physics, or related engineering discipline (BS or MS).
If interested, please send resume and materials to firstname.lastname@example.org