KMLabs is the technology leader for high power, high performance femtosecond laser systems, and the market definer for coherent EUV and x-ray sources.
KMLabs is an equal opportunity employer.
The Electronics Technician will spend the majority of their time assembling and testing control assemblies and subassemblies with analog, digital, and power distribution content for next-generation femtosecond laser systems. Additional activities include embedded and control software development, assembly, integration, and test documentation, supplier management, transfer to manufacturing, and troubleshooting complex electronics and system problems.
- Basic understanding of electrical/electronics theory
- Ability to work with various small hand tools/power tools to perform electrical/mechanical assembly
- Basic soldering skills – surface mount and through-hole preferred
- Ability to read and interpret wiring and assembly diagrams
- Experience using MS-Word and MS-Excel
- Attentive to detail
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve electronics related system issues
- Experience updating assembly, integration, and test documentation
- Experience managing electronic component suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Electrical assembly box architecture, with thermal management understanding
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Associate’s degree in electronics or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience assembling and testing high-voltage electronics
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout
- 2+ years of control and electrical system architecture and subsystem design and development for complex commercial or scientific instruments; laser system experience is a plus
- Experienced in analog/digital/RF low noise design, simulation and implementation
- Familiarity with cleaning and assembly best practices for high-vacuum equipment
- Experience with board layout software, Eagle preferred
Please send resume and materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales Engineer- Part Time
About the Role
The Sales Engineer will take the lead in direct sales activities for our ultrafast laser, extreme ultraviolet, and vacuum ultraviolet light sources, as well as driving marketing and lead generation activities.
In this role, you will develop a deep understanding of the science behind our products and their experimental applications. This knowledge will make you a key member of the business in our efforts to field our cutting-edge products and enable our customers be successful with their research and industrial projects.
The successful Sales Engineer is a highly motivated self-starter.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish engagements and manage opportunity from initial contact through PO
- Build relationships through regular contact with existing and prospective customers via telephone and email communication, and in-person visits.
- Coordinate sales calls and facilitate technical conversations with customers and prospects.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date lead records on all open sales opportunities
- Maintain and update system proposal templates and relates sales documentation
- Use your expertise to facilitate design solutions for our customers’ specific needs, in collaboration with customers and KMLabs engineers and scientists.
- Manage our worldwide network of distributors
- Coordinate and contribute to the go-to-market activities to support introductions of new products and upgrades
- Maintain understanding of academic and government funding cycles for scientific equipment
- Support existing accounts in collaboration with the service group to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Drive outbound marketing activities including email and social media campaigns and occasional trade shows
- Maintain and update sales forecasts and report to upper management
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- B.S. in physics, optics, or a related field
- Exceptional ability to communicate complex concepts clearly
- Strong time management and organization skills
- M.S. or PhD degree in physics, optics, or a related scientific discipline
- Experience with capital equipment sales
- Laboratory experience with lasers and high-harmonic generation or closely related field
- Strong project management experience and skills
If interested, please send resume and materials to email@example.com