About Us: KM Labs is a vibrant and fast growing company, that has developed a unique range of high technology Laser products. KMLabs is the technology leader for high power, highest performance femtosecond laser systems, and the market definer for coherent EUV and x-ray sources.
Mechanical Assembly Technician
We are looking for a Mechanical Assembly Technician to support our Production, Engineering, and Research efforts. This Tech will spend most of their time working on mechanical assembly, parts inspection and cleaning, and vacuum assembly for production laser systems and engineering/research projects. Duties also include bonding of optical assemblies, packing systems for shipment, incoming inspections of mechanical parts against prints, maintaining organization of the assembly area tools and supplies, documentation of subassembly builds and test results, updating work instructions, and other duties as assigned.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience with mechanical assembly in a high-tech, low-volume environment
- Ability to work with various small hand tools/power tools to perform mechanical assembly
- Ability to read and interpret assembly diagrams
- Personable and friendly with good work ethic
- Experience using MS-Word and MS-Excel
- Familiarity with cleaning and assembly best practices for high-vacuum equipment
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as part of a team
- Experience with laser systems
- Experience with ultra-high vacuum systems
Hours are Monday through Friday 8 to 5, schedule negotiable.
Job status is full time with a 90-day probationary period.
To apply, send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Electrical Engineer - Laser System Development
The Senior Electrical Engineer will spend the majority of their time architecting, designing, and prototyping control assemblies and subassemblies with analog, digital, and power distribution content for next-generation femtosecond laser systems. Additional activities include embedded and control software development, assembly, integration, and test documentation, supplier management, transfer to manufacturing, and troubleshooting complex electronics and system problems.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related field; advanced degree desirable
- 2+ years of control and electrical system architecture and subsystem design and development for complex commercial or scientific instruments; laser system experience desirable
- Experience coordinating development of firmware to control and monitor a number of optical and electrical components within one integrated system
- Experience with entire product development lifecycle from design through prototyping, debugging and manufacturing phases
- Experience meeting objective project timeline and costs
- Experience managing electronic component suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Capable with LabVIEW for control software development
- Skilled at troubleshooting and resolving electronics related system issues
- Experience developing assembly, integration, and test documentation and hardware specifications
- Electrical assembly box architecture, with thermal management understanding
- Experienced in analog/digital/RF low noise design, simulation and implementation
- Substantial experience in power electronics
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout
- Experience with Altium, Autocad, Solidworks desirable
If interested, please send resume and materials to email@example.com