KMLabs is the technology leader for high power, high performance femtosecond laser systems, and the market definer for coherent EUV and x-ray sources.
KMLabs is an equal opportunity employer.
Sales Engineer- Part Time
About the Role
The Sales Engineer will take the lead in direct sales activities for our ultrafast laser, extreme ultraviolet, and vacuum ultraviolet light sources, as well as driving marketing and lead generation activities.
In this role, you will develop a deep understanding of the science behind our products and their experimental applications. This knowledge will make you a key member of the business in our efforts to field our cutting-edge products and enable our customers be successful with their research and industrial projects.
The successful Sales Engineer is a highly motivated self-starter.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish engagements and manage opportunity from initial contact through PO
- Build relationships through regular contact with existing and prospective customers via telephone and email communication, and in-person visits.
- Coordinate sales calls and facilitate technical conversations with customers and prospects.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date lead records on all open sales opportunities
- Maintain and update system proposal templates and relates sales documentation
- Use your expertise to facilitate design solutions for our customers’ specific needs, in collaboration with customers and KMLabs engineers and scientists.
- Manage our worldwide network of distributors
- Coordinate and contribute to the go-to-market activities to support introductions of new products and upgrades
- Maintain understanding of academic and government funding cycles for scientific equipment
- Support existing accounts in collaboration with the service group to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Drive outbound marketing activities including email and social media campaigns and occasional trade shows
- Maintain and update sales forecasts and report to upper management
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- B.S. in physics, optics, or a related field
- Exceptional ability to communicate complex concepts clearly
- Strong time management and organization skills
- M.S. or PhD degree in physics, optics, or a related scientific discipline
- Experience with capital equipment sales
- Laboratory experience with lasers and high-harmonic generation or closely related field
- Strong project management experience and skills
If interested, please send resume and materials to email@example.com