RedDragon™ Ti:sapphire Laser Amplifier
The RedDragon™ is the highest average power, shortest pulse, multi-stage ultrafast Ti:sapphire laser system on the market, allowing real time software-controlled changes in the repetition rate, without optical realignment. RedDragon series amplifier systems operate over a range of repetition rate ranges between 1 and 10kHz. Make sure you answer these questions before buying any ultrafast amplifier, and future-proof your system!
KMLabs is the world-leader in CEP-stabilized amplifier systems. RedDragon series amplifiers are available as CEP-ready or fully CEP-stabilized systems.
Harmonic conversion, OPA and EUV options are available for RedDragon series amplifiers.
Shortest Amplified Pulses Available:
RedDragon: <25 measured with FROG, up to 30mJ and 30W
The KMLabs RedDragon uses multipass amplification to generate pulses that are below 25 fs in duration with up to 30mJ pulse energy, up to 30 W in average power.
RedDragon RD3 - 1kHz thru 3kHz
• Up to 10.6mJ at 1kHz repetition rate
• Up to 5mJ at 3kHz repetition rate
• Real time adjustment from 1-3kHz with no optical realignment
• Sub-25fs pulse duration
KMLabs uses compact He-gas cryo-cooling systems or liquid He cryorefrigerator systems. These are compact, fully-interlocked, and maintenance-free and can be configured to minimize vibration for demanding applications such as carrier envelope stabilization. Read more about the benefits of cryo-cooling.
• Patented cryogenic cooling of the Ti:sapphire crystal in a single-stage amplifier
is available exclusively through KMLabs.
• Vacuum cryo-cell that protects the crystal using a sealed, internal ion pump
that requires negligible user maintenance.
• Comprehensive, fully integrated system diagnostics make the RedDragon a user-
friendly amplification system, providing reference data for real time assistance
with spatial, spectral and energy optimization. Multiple cameras make
alignment quick and simple. Extensive data logs allow remote observation of
system configuration for diagnostic assistance.
• Beam quality can be optimized in real time, ensuring highest efficiency OPA
performance. Greater then 40% conversion to signal + idler has been
• Comprehensive industry-leading software control using KMLabs Dragonmaster
RedDragon Pump Lasers:
KMLabs does not manufacture our own pump lasers, a position that allows us to select the optimum pump laser(s) for a particular application from one of a range of vendors including Northrop Grumman, Photonics Industries, Lee Laser, Lighthouse Photonics, Laser Quantum, Coherent, and Spectra Physics. We are happy to discuss the trades – performance, reliability and service support – between these different vendors. Elimination of the thermal lens via cryo-cooling allows great flexibility in the pump laser selection for optimum repetition rate, pulse energy, and noise. Cryo-cooling also provides a very simple subsequent upgrade path to a higher power single or multi-stage system. Without cryo-cooling, other vendors offer point designs which are complex or impossible to upgrade.
• KMLabs is the world-leader in CEP-stabilized amplifier systems. RedDragon
amplifier systems are available as CEP-ready or fully CEP-stabilized systems.
KMLabs is the only vendor with a proven track record in delivering high power
• Motorization control of the stretcher and compressor.
• Enhanced nanosecond contrast.
• Ultra-low pulse-to-pulse jitter
• Second and third harmonic generation
• Broadband visible, IR and Mid-IR tuning using OPA/ DFG
• Repetition rate stabilization and synchronization to customer's RF/microwave signal